President William Howard Taft stops on the KU campus for about one hour and speaks to a welcoming crowd in old Robinson Gymnasium.
KU dedicates Marvin Hall to house the School of Engineering and Haworth Hall for the Departments of Mineralogy and Geology.
Amid a post-World War II campus housing crunch, the University Daily Kansan reports that 80 male students – nearly all returned veterans – will soon move into the basement of present-day Spooner Hall, then known as the Spooner-Thayer Museum of Art.
The Young Women’s Christian Association acquires Henley House, which will become a “gathering place” for KU women and the scene of an “experiment” in integrated undergraduate student housing.
The University of Kansas announces that demolition of Locksley Hall, one of the most unusual living arrangements on the KU campus, will be completed by September 1, 1959.
The University of Kansas signs a lease for a new residence hall that will take the name of a famed Kansa chief – thanks to a set of hand-me-down silverware.
KU formally dedicates the original Green Hall, home of the School of Law.
The KU Endowment Association announces acquisition of the house that will become Jolliffe Hall, a building that will serve variously as a residence hall for undergraduate men and women, and be slathered in lime green paint for much of its existence.
The Rock Chalk Co-op, housing approximately 25 men in a rented Rhode Island Street home, begins its formal existence in time for the start of spring semester 1941 classes.
KU announces that its 1887 powerhouse building will be transformed into a new home for the Hall Center for the Humanities.
Bailey Hall, one of the University’s oldest buildings, is entered on the National Register of Historic Places.
Strong Hall becomes the fourth KU building to merit a listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
Spooner Hall, the oldest continuously used academic building on the campus of the University of Kansas, marks its one-hundredth anniversary.
KU dedicates the new Regents Center, the first building on the University’s Edwards Campus in Johnson County.