Sign Up Twitter

Olin Templin

“A Letter From Home”

January 7, 2002

Kansas Alumni marks the 100th anniversary of KU alumni journals, an enterprise that began with the 1902 appearance of the Graduate Magazine and, in total, represents the University’s longest-running continuous publication.

Go With The Overflow

June 12, 1951

The Summer Session Kansan reports that a wood-frame house at 1115 Louisiana Street, recently acquired by the University of Kansas for use as a women’s dormitory, will be named in honor of the late Frank Hodder, a longtime KU history professor and the original owner of the home.

The Bells Of Mt. Oread

May 27, 1951

The Memorial Carillon and Campanile, a monument to the 277 KU men and women who died in World War II, is formally dedicated atop Mount Oread.

Templin On The Mount

June 10, 1940

University Chancellor Deane W. Malott announces that a recently acquired mansion being transformed into a men’s scholarship hall will be named in honor of Olin Templin, longtime KU administrator and professor.

KU’s “Fairy Godmother”

September 14, 1926

Elizabeth M. Watkins begins building her philanthropic legacy to the University of Kansas with the opening of Watkins Scholarship Hall, named in honor of her late husband.

Eight Is Enough

April 2, 1890

Eight KU professors establish the University’s chapter of the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor society, the first west of the Mississippi and the 31st nationwide.