Sign Up Twitter

Charles Robinson

Go With The Overflow

June 12, 1951

The Summer Session Kansan reports that a wood-frame house at 1115 Louisiana Street, recently acquired by the University of Kansas for use as a women’s dormitory, will be named in honor of the late Frank Hodder, a longtime KU history professor and the original owner of the home.

Templin On The Mount

June 10, 1940

University Chancellor Deane W. Malott announces that a recently acquired mansion being transformed into a men’s scholarship hall will be named in honor of Olin Templin, longtime KU administrator and professor.

Fuller’s Brushes With Fame

March 11, 1886

Ferdinand Fuller, architect of KU’s first building and a member of the original party sent to Kansas by the Massachusetts Emigrant Aid Society, dies at his home near Lawrence.

Down, But Not Out

August 21, 1863

Confederate guerrilla leader William Clarke Quantrill perpetrates his infamous Civil War raid on Lawrence, virtually destroying the town and leaving its surviving residents without financial resources to help support the establishment of KU.