Sign Up Twitter

Board of Regents

Present At The Creation

September 6, 1905

The new four-year KU School of Medicine begins its first day of classes with a faculty complement that includes several physician-educators with outstanding reputations.

Fahrenheit 53,000

June 15, 1991

Lightning strikes Hoch Auditorium, causing a fire that reduces the 64-year-old campus landmark to ruins in less than four hours.

“The Country And Our State Are Looking To Us”

July 1, 1952

Pharmacology professor Dr. W. Clarke Wescoe becomes dean of the University of Kansas School of Medicine and director of the KU Medical Center, ushering in a period of “momentous change and daring innovation” at 39th and Rainbow Boulevard.

Go With The Overflow

June 12, 1951

The Summer Session Kansan reports that a wood-frame house at 1115 Louisiana Street, recently acquired by the University of Kansas for use as a women’s dormitory, will be named in honor of the late Frank Hodder, a longtime KU history professor and the original owner of the home.

Snow’s Day

June 8, 1930

Present-day Snow Hall is dedicated, replacing the original Snow Hall that had fallen into disrepair.